Whether you want to decorate a specific part of your garden or want to grow herbs for your kitchen, we have a number of delightful wooden planter options for you.
Plants create delightful borders around your garden by themselves, but sometimes they need protection. Softwood timber edging can help provide a clearly defined border between your plant bed or gravel path. Raised beds are another way of adding some contrast to your garden while at the same time enabling you to do some close up hands-on maintenance. Timber items such as railway sleepers can add some charm and interest to your garden space.
Installation and Maintenance
For flat-pack items please follow the instructions provided.
When you prepare to assemble your items:
- Ensure that it is on a flat and even surface.
- You have the right tools available.
- Select a suitable area for the landscaping timber.
Our softwood timber planters can simply be placed in your chosen location in the garden but wooden garden rolls and edges require some initial preparation. Just follow our simple instructions below:
- Dig out a trench (preferably using a large square-nose shovel)
- Use a spirit level and, with the aid of some string, check that your trench is level.
- Measure the area and measure out your timber edging in the space provided.
- Put the timber in place. We recommend lining the trench with sand or soil to help keep the edging firmly secured in place.
- With the help either of our timber fixing pegs or metal pin secure the fencing into the ground using a mallet.
- You’re good to go! Enjoy the added effect of garden timber edging!
Most planting and landscaping installations requires some maintenance over the winter months. Softwood timber is no exception, so in order to keep your items in tip-top condition follow our simple tips below.
1.When should I care for garden landscaping?
Late summer / early autumn is the ideal time to care for planting and landscaping installations when there is still some dry weather and sunshine. Maintenance can be undertaken all year round.
2. How do I care for my garden landscaping?
To maintain good condition, and therefore a pleasant appearance of your garden landscaping all year long, we would recommend that you wash regularly and treat with an oil-based wood stain or paint. The advantage of using an oil-based solution to protect outdoor structures is that it prevents water, dirt and sunlight from ruining its integrity (and lasting longer). Any surface debris or mould that builds up from being outside can easily be removed with a stiff brush and washed off with a solution mixture of warm water and washing up liquid.
Ensure that you check the weather forecast before applying any stain or paint so that it is done in dry weather. Avoid trying to apply wood stain in very hot weather because it prevents it from drying evenly. Like paint, wood-staining products are available in a wide range of colours so please consider your selection bearing in mind the overall look you want to achieve in your garden.